In 1954, the Cascade Commercial Club (a group of the town's businessmen) had many meetings discussing the telephone system servicing the community. The Commercial Club appointed an Ad Hoc Telephone Service committee to research the issue. This committee decided the best option for providing better service to the community was to buy the telephone system and make their own improvements.
In the fall of 1954, the Cascade Commercial Club purchased the telephone company. Cascade Communications Company is under the direction of a seven member Board of Directors. These directors are committed to providing the continued quality of service and products our customers have come to expect.
- DSL services became available in 2000, providing Broadband internet access.
- In 2002, Cascade Communications Company moved to it's new location, just across the street from the original building that housed the company for over 48 years.
- In 2004, we celebrated 50 years of communications services to this area and today, continue to provide the services you have come to expect.
- In 2009, we began building a “Fiber To The Home” (FTTH) network and switching customers over to this new network. This new fiber-optic technology brings incredible, and exclusive benefits to Cascade’s residents and businesses.
- In 2017, we finished building out our Fiber Network to ALL of our customers in Cascade and Otter Creek. Fiber to the Home (FTTH) is the most advanced available and will replace the copper telephone wires. The greatest benefit of FTTH is the amount of information and services provided over a single connection. Additionally the services offer maximum speed and crystal clear connections.